Saturday, January 2, 2016

Pressing Forward

We are only Day #2 in the New Year of 2016, and many people are trying to fulfill their New Years's Resolution. One of the great figures of faith in the Holy Bible is the Apostle Paul. As I reflected on Paul's life just a few days ago with a post reflecting on God's usage of him.

Sometimes there are moments in our lives when we reflect on the past decisions that we have made. Those decisions were either good or bad, right or wrong, rich or poor, wise or unwise.  Human nature sometimes leads us down a very negative pathway, and we focus on the evil that we have done rather than the good that we have done.

Paul reflected on his own life BEFORE knowing Christ Jesus as Lord, as well as DURING his walk with Jesus.  He was a well respected, religious teacher in the Jewish community, but he was blazing a trail to Hell because he persecuted Jesus' followers.

All of Paul's accolades and accomplishments meant nothing (dung in his own words) because they didn't bring him any closer to knowing Jesus and possessing eternal life.

The climax of Paul's words in chapter 3 focus on his goal of moving forward in Christ.


"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal,but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."



- Philippians 3:12-14


REMEMBER .... GOD WANTS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment