Sunday, January 10, 2016

What if Everyone is Against You?

So what happens when you feel like everyone in the whole world is AGAINST you? Your spouse? Your kids? Your co-workers? Your siblings? Your parents? Your employers? What do you do? How should you feel? How should you respond?

If we live long enough on this earth, I suspect that we will all feel this way at some point in our existence. Many times in the Psalms, King David reflects on this very issue, and he writes eloquently about his view of others who have abandoned him, turned against him or attacked him.

Consider some of these passages:

"Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear; though war break out against me, even then I will be confident." - Psalm 27:3

"My times are in your hands; deliver me from the hands of my enemies, from those who pursue me." - Psalm 31:5

"For I hear many whispering, “Terror on every side!” They conspire against me and plot to take my life." - Psalm 31:13

"Listen to my cry, for I am in desperate need; rescue me from those who pursue me, for they are too strong for me." - Psalm 142:6 

David cried out to God when his enemies came to take his life.  He relied on the God who created him to deliver him from trouble. David humbled himself before God and confessed that he was not strong enough to stand against such adversity. He pleaded for divine help.

In the New Testament, there is one passage that stands as a tremendous resource of comfort when faced with feeling like everyone stands against us.

Romans 8:31 




REMEMBER .......GOD WANTS YOU!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment